Applications are invited for the post of Junior Assistant, Junior Peon at Presidency University,Kolkata
Advertisement No: PU_RECR_AP_15-17
Presidency University invites online applications for the posts of Junior Assistant, Junior Peon
[ Last date of submission 09/10/2017 ]
Essential Qualifications for All Posts
- Proficiency, Spoken & Written in the medium ( English ) of instruction in this University
- Age : 18-40 years (Age relaxation as per norms, for SC/ST and OBC candidates 5 and 3 years respectively.
1. Junior Assistant ( Four Post)
SC: 3 ST: 1
Scale of Pay
Pay Band: Rs 7200 - 25400/- with a Grade Pay Rs. 3300/-
- Higher secondary or its equivalent examination recognized by the Council of Higher Secondary Education , West Bengal
- Three years’ Bachelors’ degree with at least 45% marks
- Basic knowledge in Computer including the knowledge of word processing/Spread Sheet/ Accounting software from a recognized institute.
- Proficiency in English and knowledge in drafting letters etc / fair knowledge in finance & accounting process.
- Minimum one year experience in official work in academic Institute like University or in an Institute of higher learning.
2. Junior Peon (Thirty Three Post)
General: 21 SC: 10 OBC-B:2
Scale of Pay
Pay Band: Rs 5400 - 18600/- with a Grade Pay Rs. 1800/-
- Class VIII standard
- Can read/write English
- Minimum one year experience in academic Institute like University or in an Institute of higher learning
- Appointments will be made on probation for one year which may be waived or extended in exceptional cases and will be guided by the rules as framed and / or amended from time to time. During or at the end of the period of probation, the services of the concerned staff may be terminated with one month notice or with one month's salary in lieu thereof, without assigning any reasons thereof. On satisfactory completion of the probationary period the concerned incumbent will be considered for confirmation of service. Stipulation in respect of Experience and Age may be relaxed by the authority in case of exceptionally brilliant candidates or the candidates who are already serving the University in the same cadre on recommendation of relevant Screening /Standing / Selection committee.
- Presidency University reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy if circumstances so warrant.
- The selection of advertised posts need not necessarily be confined only to those who formally apply.
- Essential qualifications prescribed are the minimum and mere possession of them will not entitle applicants to be called in for interview. If the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large and it is not convenient for the University to interview all the applicants, the number of candidates for interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, experience and other credentials or by any other suitable method.
- Candidates already in employment must apply through proper channel and “No Objection Certificate” must be produced in order to appear before Standing Committee.
- Photocopies of all testimonials & certificates must be submitted at the time of interview (If called) .
- All qualifications, experiences, age limit will be recognized up to the closing date of online application.
- OBC-A, OBC-B, SC, ST certificate, (as the case may be, if applicable) issued by the competent authority of Govt. of West Bengal only, will be considered.
- University will not be liable for any kind of postal delay
- The originals will be required for necessary verification.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants who had applied for the non-teaching positions in response to previous advertisements have to reapply
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)