Sandip Kumar Mandal
He was the student of Presidency College, Kolkata (1992-97) and have obtained the degree of PhD on the subject of Jibanananda Das`s Views On Poetry in relation with Western Tradition, under the University Of Calcutta. His current interests involve the analysis of Medieval Bengali text on the subject of SIVAYAN KABYA by Rameswar Bhattacharya. Now he is researching in this text on the basis of socio-polity relation with Bengali Customs and Creeds. Three books and more than thirty articles has published from the reputed publication house from Kolkata . He has interest on Poetry and Poetics, Novel, Old Bengali Texts and Theory of Literature etc. He has completed a Minor Research Project under University Grants Commission, Delhi on Mongal Kabya and Bengali Novel. He has currently employed as an Assistant Professor of Bengali Literature at Presidency University (earlier Presidency College), Kolkata, India.
- BA : Bengali Honours, 1995, Presidency College, Kolkata
- MA : Bengali, 1997, Calcutta University through Presidency College, Kolkata
- Ph.D : Calcutta University, 2012, Kolkata.
He was the student of Presidency College, kolkata, and completed his BA and MA from this institution under Calcutta University. He has completed his PhD work from Calcutta University on 'Jibanananda Das`s Views On Poetry and Western Tradition' (2012) under the supervisor Prof. Dipendu Chakrobarti (Deptt. of English, C.U). His first appointment was an assistant Professor at Jhargram Raj College (since 2002), West Midnapur, under WBES, Govt. of WB, and after six years he transferred to Maulana Azad College (2008), Kolkata. At thises time, he was engaged as a researcher in a Minor Research Project ` (2011) by the UGC, Delhi on the subject of `Mangal Kabya : Modernity and Bengali Novel` and it has completed and submitted in the year, 2012. Now, he is working as an assistant professor in the Department of Bengali, Presidency University, Kolkata.
Research / Administrative Experience+
Teaching / Other Experience+
Like to teach Rhetoric (Alongkar) & Prosody (Chhanda), General Linguistic, Medieval Bengali Literature, Novel & Short-Stories, Poetry & Poetics etc. Joined as a Lecture at Jhargram Raj College (West Midnapur, WB) under WBES, Govt. Of WB. After six years, transferred to Maulana Azad College (Kolkata). He was also invited to teach at Rabindra Bharati University (Kolkata), Netaji Subhas Open University (Kolkata) & Vidyasagar University (Midnapur, WB).
Post Graduate Supervision+
Two PhD students have been registered currently his supervision in 2016. Sri Tapan Panda & Sri Anandamoy Bhattacharyay have registered the title of the thesis on Magic Realism and Bengali Novel and Deconostruction and Manasamongal Kabya respectively.
A. List of Books
- Prachin sahitya : Nabin Anubhab // Critical Collected criticisms & edited book on Tagore’s literary criticism, Published by Bangia Sahitya sangsad ( 1st Published 2004 & 2nd edition 2011), Total page Numbers : 190, 6/2 R.N Majumder Street, Kolkata : 700009.
- Chandikamangal Kabya : Kabikangkan Mukundaram Chakroborti // A Critique & editing book of a story-poem ( A Medieval Bengali Text), Published by Dey`s Publishing, ( 1st published October 2005 & 3rd edition July 2012, Total page Numbers : 488 Pages), 13 B. C. Street, Kolkata : 700073. ISBN : 978-81-295-1594-0.
- Kabita-Kritika : Jibanananda Das o Samakal // A book on comparative Poetic views of Jibanananda Das and Contemporary Modern Bengali Poets, Published by Ekushsatak, (1st published 13 May 2013), Total page Numbers : 136, 15 S.C De Street, Kolkata : 700073. ISBN : 978-81-923688-5-6
B. Articles Published in Books, Magazines & Journals :
- Patralape Kabya Bhabana : Jibanananda O Rabindranath // Jibanananda Das and Rabindranath Tagore`s views on poetry through their letter writings, Published by MADAL (A Literary Magazine), Jhargram Raj College, December 2002, Page numbers : 43-48, West Midnapur, W.B.
- Gourachandrika : Ekti Nandanik Anubhab // A Critique on Vaisnava padabali in respect of Socio-Polity-Cultural aspect, Published by SAHITYA CHARCHA ( A Literary Magazine), Aril 2004, Page numbers : 51-60, Nadia, W.B.
- Bamkim Chandrer Sahitya Bhabana // Bamkim Chandra`s thought on Literature, Published by UDDALOK ( Bamkim issue : 2nd Vol.), Page numbers : 176-186, June 2004, Nimta, Kolkata : 700049, W. B.
- Vaisnava Sahitya : Chaitanya Purbobarti O Parobarti // Name of the edited book : Sahitya Probandha : Probandha Sahitya, Published by BANGIA SAHITYA SANGSAD, (1st Published 2004), Page Numbers : 95-106, 6/2 R.N Majumder Street, Kolkata : 700009.
- Smay Dussamay O Amra // A Socio-Political-Cultural article in West Bengal context, Published by SUBARNA JAYANTI SMARAK PATRIKA, Page numbers : 51-61, March 2005, Ghutia, West Medinipur, W.B.
- Bharatiya Kabya Bhabana : Oitihya O Artikaran // An article on Indian poetics in relation with tradition and individuality, Published by ONNAMON (A Literary Magazine), Page numbers : 38-49, September-October issue, 2005. Fulia, Nadia, W.B
- Chandikamangal Kabya : Gujratpur : Anga-Rarhi-Banganagar // An article on Chandikamangal Kabya`s geographical existence in East Indian part,Specially in West Bengal, Published by UDICHI (A Cultural Magazine, 2nd year & 2nd issue), January 2006, Page Numbers : 124-135, Khidirpur, Kolkata: 700023, W.B.
- Bisarjan : Debotar Nam-e Manussatta Haray Manus //An appreciation on Tagore`s drama `Bisarjan` regarding views on God and Man, Published by SRISTIR EKUSH SHATAK, November-December issue 2007, Page Numbers : 50-56, 15 S,C De Street, Kolkata : 700073, W.B
- Nagna Nirjan Hat : Ekti Manobik Bakulata // Name of the edited book : Rabindra Anubarti O Parobarti Bangla Kabita, Published by BANGIA SAHITYA SANGSAD, (1st Published 2007), Page Numbers : 105-112, 6/2 R.N Majumder Street, Kolkata : 700009.
- Sakta Padabali : Arya-Anarya Sanskritir Rupantar // Name of the edited book : Sakta Padabali: Chinta-Charchar Nanadik, Published by Akshar Prakashani, (1st Published 2013), Page Numbers : 155-161, 32 Bidon Row, August 2013, Kolkata : 700006.W.B
- Rabindra-Kabyadarsha O Jibanananda : Swatantrer Anyotaro Dik // Name of the Journal : Snatakottar Bangla Bibhagiyo Partrika (A Research Journal), Vol.: XVII, October, 2013, Ranchi University, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India.
- Kabya Bhabnay Bisnu Dey Ebang Jibanananda Das, An article has been published in the `Journal Of The School Of Language` by the Maulana Azad College, Kolkata : 700013, W.B, Page No. 95-103.
C. Review : Books & Magazines
- Harbart : Protibad O Koutuker Sayangkrio Akhyan // Name of the author : Nabarun Bhattacharya & Name of the Book :` Harbart`, Review Published in GIRIK KORASER MOTO, Editor : Barendu Mandal, Year :1997, Page Numbers : 35-52, Kolkata, W.B
- Najrul Islam : Ekti Ulot Puran // Review on `Korok` Patrika (Najrul Islam issue), Published by LOK Patrika, Year : Secptember 1999, Page Numbers : 41-42, Sonarpur, Kolkata : 700150, W.B
- Gadya O Padyer Chalit Ritir Bhasya Path // Name of the author :Dr. Manilal Khan & Name of the Book :` Chalit Ritir Kromo Bibartan : Kabya Parjay O Chalit Gadya`, Review published by LOK Patrika, Year : Secptember 2000, Page Numbers : 37-41, Sonarpur, Kolkata : 700150, W.B
- Madyajuger Kabya : Swar O Sangkat // Name of the author :Dr. Jhahar Sen Majumder, Review published by ANANDA BAZAR PATRIKA, Year : 4th July 2009,Kolkata.
- `Charulatar Chithi` A Critique on the book, written by Dr. Dipankar Bhattacharya & Published by SRISTIR EKUSH SATAK, Kolkata : 700073, 12th issue, December 2013, Page No. 71-72. ---------------------- --------------------