My specialization is on Comparative Literature, Linguistics, Literary Theory & Rhetoric.
BA : Bengali Honours, 1996, Calcutta University
MA : Bengali, 1998, Calcutta University
Ph.D : Jadavpur University, 2013
I joined as an Assistant Professor at Pathar Pratima Mahavidyalaya, South 24 Pgs., West Bengal in March, 2003. I got my PhD degree from Jadavpur University in 2013, on stylishtic analysis of the novels of Shyamal Gangopadhyay. I have been teaching at Presidency University since August, 2015.
Research / Administrative Experience+
My doctoral work is in the combined field of literature and linguistics i.e. Stylistics. The work is on Stylistic Analysis of the Novels of Syhamal Gangopadhyay. I have also worked on the impact of Sanskrit Literature on Bengali Literature.
I am also involved in other administrative works such as:
Member, Governing Body, GMSM Mahavidyalaya, 24 Pgs (S). West Bengal.
Teaching / Other Experience+
Generally, I like to teach Sanskrit literature, Linguistics, Literary Theory & Rhetoric, Religious Thought in Medieval Bengali Literature.
Post Graduate Supervision+
I am interested in supervising Postgraduate students in the field of Comparative Literature and Linguistics.
Member, Board of Studies, PG in Bengali, Bankim Sarder College, South 24 Pgs. West Bengal.
1. Bangla Sahitye Sanskrita Sahityer Pravab o Prerana, 2014, Abhijan Publishers, ISBN : 978-93- 80197-86-9
2. Bhasabigyaner Paridhi, 2014, Abhijan Publishers, ISBN: 978-93-80197-94-4
3. Shyamal Gangopadhyayer Upanyas : Bhasa o Shaili, 2015, Ekusshatak, ISBN 978-93-83521- 34-0
Selected Essays, Articles and Writings:
1. Dramatic Tradition in Bengal and Rabindranath, in Rabindra-natyasamiksha edited by Dilip Kumar Mitra, 2011, Dishari Publication, ISBN 978-81-909368-9-7
2. Mutual Exchange between Bengali and Assamese Drama, in Conference Proceedings on Mutual Exchange between Bengali and Indian Languages & Literature, 2008, Chanchal College, Malda, West Bengal
3. 'Nirbas' a Novel by Amiyobhusan Majumder : Picture of Refugee life, in Conference Proceedings on Partition Literature, 2013, Netaji Subhas Open Umiversity, ISBN 978-93-82112-11-2
4. Chandbaniker Pala (a drama by Sambhu Mitra) : Style of Dialogue in Chandbaniker Pala Pratibader Pathamala, edited. by Debabrata Biswas and Uttamkumar Biswas, 2015 Pragnabikash, Pragnabikash, pp. 136-153, ISBN : 978-93-83016-40-2
5. Depiction of Socio-economic Crisis : Two Malayalam Short Stories, in Ami Arani, 2015, pp. 208-212, ISSN - 2277-8780
6. Jamidardarpan (a drama) by Mirmasharraf : Male-dominance and Disgrace of Women, in Jamidardarpan Nikrister Namabali, edited. by Debabrata Biswas and Shyamal Chandra Das, 2015 Pragnabikash, pp. 290-297, ISBN : 978-93-83016-46-4
86/1 College Street, Kolkata - 700073,
West Bengal, India
Email: mafiz.beng at presiuniv.ac.in
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)