Dr. Santi Saren has completed her doctoral research on the Representation of Santhals (a major tribal constituency in Eastern India) Life and Characters In Bengali Fiction (1922 to 1982).
Her Reaserch mainly focuses on Bengali Novel and Short stories. Within this her interest lies on the Adivasi representation in Bangla literature from various aspects which includes, socio-economical, Subaltern perspectives and Feminist approach.
She is a avid researcher of Santali Literature.
B.A. in Bengali Honours (Midnapur College, Vidyasagar University, 2008)
M.A. in Bengali (Vidyasagar University ,2010)
Ph.D. in Bengali (Rabindra Bharati University, 2018)
Dr. Saren started her teaching career as an Assistant Professor of Bengali at Bethune College (Through PSC,WB) in 2014. After teaching there for two months in the same year she joined Kazi Nazrul University, Asansol, WB and served there for ten months. In 2015 She Joined Presidency University as an Asssistant Professor.
Research / Administrative Experience+
Teaching / Other Experience+
Her teaching assignments for UG and PG revolves around few parts of linguistics (phonology ) and theoritical aspects of novels and short stories along with the texts.
Post Graduate Supervision+
- Currently an External Expert, PG Board of Studies, Dept of Bengali, Midnapore College (Autonomous), Paschim Medinipur.
1. Saren, Santi (2015). "Hulmahar Maa: Santal bidroher aloke narityer Bahumatrikat", Kazi Nazrul University Crossroads: The Journal of Transdisciplinary Studie, Asansol vol 1 no 1, P.106-112, ISSN: 2395-5864
2. Saren, Santi (2015). "Bangla Sahitya Baganer Maali "(Book Review), Ujjwal Uddhar (Prof Ujjwalkumar Majumdar Sammanana Grantha). Dey’s Publishing, Kolkata P. 219
3. Saren, Santi (2016). "Swapnabhanger Galpo: Dwicharini", Antarmukh, ISSN 2249-3751, P.49-53
4. Saren, Santi (2017). "Prafulla Roy-er Purba-Parboti : Naga Upajatir Sampurna Itibritta", Galpasarani: Prafulla Roy Special Issue, Annual Volume, Kolkata P. 236-243.
5. Saren, Santi (2019). “Rahasyabheder Chale Nana Prasno” (Book Review), Ei Samay, Kolkata. 17.11.2019.
6. Saren, Santi (2020). "Representation of Mahabharat in Twentieth Century Bengali Drama", A Proceedings of Sarala Mahabharata International Seminar, Odisha, ISBN 13 978-93-80824-06-2, P. 267-279.
7. Saren, Santi (2020). "Santali Lokokathar Jagat", Ebang Mushayera, April-June2020 & July-Sept 2020, Vol-27 No. 1&2. Kolkata P. 211-220.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)