My specialization is Post-Tagore Bengali Poetry as well as Comparative study of literature. My approach to literary texts attempts to blend literary theory and comparative method of study. Recently, I am working upon ecocritical study of Bengali Poetry & Translation theory.
- Primary Level : 1 to 4 (Esha KG & Primary School, Khalisani, 1993)
- Madhyamik (Kanailal Vidyamandir, WBBSE, 1999)
- HS (Hoogly Collegiate School, WBCHSE, 2001)
- BA Bengali Hons. (Presidency College, CU, 2004)
- MA Bengali with specialization in Comparative Literature (University of Calcutta, 2006)
- Ph.D : Image of God in Post Tagore Bengali Poetry (University of Calcutta, 2013)
- UGC-NET with JRF and WBCSC-SET (2007)
- 3-days Film appreciation certificate course (2014)
I have awarded Ph.D. in Arts for my thesis on Bengali Poetry at University of Calcutta in 2013. In the meantime, I have taught several academic institutions as Part-time or guest faculty for six years including Chandernagore College, Khalasani Mahavidyalaya, Netaji Subhas Open Univeristy Centre, Academics and so on. I have joined in WBES as Assistant Professor in Bengali at Maulana Azad College in 7th August, 2014 but transferred to Datan 2 Govt General Degree College on June 2015 and I left WBES to join PU on 08.09.15.
As a prolific writer I like to contribute research articles, features, book reviews, poems in little magazines and Bengali dailies. I have published several books of critical articles and Bengali poems.
Watching Television, Theatre, Cinema, Net-Browsing and listening music are my favourite pastime.
Research / Administrative Experience+
1. Member of Examination Committee, NAAC Committee, Cultural and Magazine Committee of Maulana Azad College.
2. Ex-Head of the Department of Bengali and Ex-Teacher's Council Secretary of Dantan 2 Govt General Degree College at Kashmuli.
3. Ex-Examiner of Bengali (University of Burdwan and University of Calcutta)
4. Served three Govt Colleges and one Govt aided college under three universities : University of Burdwan, University of Calcutta, Vidyasagar University.
5. 5 years Post Graduate level teaching experience in Chandernagore Govt College as Part-time lecturer.
Teaching / Other Experience+
I have tecahing experience of six years for serving three Government Colleges in West Bengal. In those years I used to teach most of the areas of Bengali Language and Literature.
My area of special interest : Poetry, Literary Theory and Comparative study of litearture. I love to teach : Modern Bengali Poetry, Contemporary Literary Theory, Tagore's Literature,Western Literature in translation, Modern Drama and Fiction.
Post Graduate Supervision+
I have four Ph.D research scholars under my supervision. Apart from this, I helped several students as a teacher to select research topic and with necessary suggestion. I am interested in supervising postgraduate students in Twentieth Century Bengali Literature, Western influence in Bengali Literature, Translation Studies, Application of literary theory etc.
Member of Editorial Board of two ISSN Magazines -
1. Sahitya Bisari
a) Kabir Mukh Kabitar Mukhashree, ISBN 978-81-89620-72X, , Anjali Publishers, Kolkata, 2010.
b) Pathaker Abhyarthana (Tulanamulak Sahityapath O Anyanya), Karuna Prakashani, Kolkata, 2010.
c) Kabi Alokeranjan Dasgupta : Ek Medhabi Baul, ISBN 81-8438-057-7, Bhasa O Sahitya, Kolkata, 2011.
d) Rupkathar Chadmabesh Ebang Bishwa Sahitya, ISBN 978-93-80761-85-5, Avenel Press, Memary, 2015.
e) Pratiti Tarange Rabindranath, Raktakarabi, Kolkata, 2018.
f) Sardha satobarshe Gorky : Tikta athacha Madhur, ISBN 978-93-81707-63-0, Pritonia, Kolkata, 2019.
g) Yeats : Kabi O Kabyanatykar (Joint writer with Tarun Mukhopadhyay), Punascha, in press.
Collection of Poems
a) Jyotsnar Album Khule, Jibanananda Charcha Kendra, Chandannagar, 2000.
b) Iswarer Haat, Sahajatri, Kolkata, 2009.
c) Medhabi Blader Bhasa, Chandrobhas, Kolkata, 2012.
d) Kabitar Jora Kalam (Jointly with Tarun Mukhopadhyay), Sahityajagat, Kolkata, 2014.
e) Neel Dinalipi, Kathakriti, Bethuadahari, 2018.
a) Satabarshe Buddhadev Basu : Smarane, Manane (Asstt. Editor with Tarun Mukhopadhyay), United Book Agency, Kolkata, 2008.
b) Rabindrottar Bangla Kabita : Pather Nana Matra (Joint Editor with Tarun Mukhopadhyay), Karuna Prakashani, Kolkata, 2009.
c) Satabarshe Manik Jijnasa (Jt. Editor with Tarun MUkhopadhyay), Pal Publishers, Kolkata 2009.
d) Sardhasatobasrhe Meghnad Badh Kabya : Dui Kaler Darpane (Joint Editor with Tarun Mukhopadhyay), ISBN 81-8438-068-2, Bhasha O Sahitya, Kolkata, 2013.
e) Dhrubakumar Mukhopadhyay Sammanana Grantha (Edited volume), Vidya, 2016.
f) Gorky-r Mother : Bahuswarsangati (Edited Collection), Bangiya Sahitya Samsad, 2017.
g) Satinath Jijnasa (Joint Editor with Tarun Mukhopadhyay), ISBN 978-81-938575-4-0, Pragna Bikash, Kolkata, 2018.
h) Bangalir Upendrakishor Charcha (Rupali, in press)
Few Major Articles published in Journals/ Magazines/ Chapter in Books :
· (2016): Samar Sen-er Rabindranath: Grahan-Barjon-Anusrijan, Rabindra-Bhabna, Yr.40, 2nd Issue, P. 48-66
· (2017): Bangla Kabynatak: Tritiyo Kantohswarer Khonje, Yapanchitra (Kabyonatak Sankhya), P. 206-233
· (2017): Janmosatobarshe Samar Sen: Uttor-Ouponibeshik Mon, Chandrobhas, ISSN 2278-3776, P.114-119
· (2017): Noirbyoktik Abeg o Kabyer Mukti, T S Eliot : Bangali Monone, Edited by Tapas Basu, Proggya Bikash, Kolkata, ISBN 978-93-83016-93-8, P. 340-346
· (2018): Girish Karnader ‘Hayvadan’: Antaranga Path, Prabnadha Sangraha: Bhabnar Nana Dik, Edited by Amina Khatun, Udar Akash, and South 24 parganas. ISBN 978-93-82042-90-7, Pg. 82-100
· (2018): Jose Saramagor Achindwiper Khoje: Pathaker Abhyorthona, Bangla Bibhagiyo Grantha, P. 111-129
· (2018): Amader Gorky, Amar Gorky, Ganashakti (Sarad Sankhya 1425), P.164-168
· (2018): Ecopoetics: Poribeshbadi Nandantattwer Katha, Sandhitsa, ISSN: 2395-2903, P. 47-60.
· (2018): Kabitar Onubad, Onubader Soili, Daag, ISSN: 2278-3695, P. 23-41.
· (2017): Satyajiter ‘Pikoo-r Diary: Galpo theke Chalocchobi, Sahitya BIsari, ISSN 2278-1978, P. 62-71
· (2017): Onubadak Vidyasagar: Swanugatyer Chinho, Sreemoyee, ISSN 2320-9909, P. 66-75
· (2018): Rajsekhar theke Girindrasekhar Basu: Biggyanchetona, Samajbhabna O Sahityadharma, Achaman, P. 67-80
· (2018): Rabindranath, Nivedita O ‘The Cabuliwallah’, Roder Dana: Rabindra Sankhya, P.19-32
· (2018): Alokeranjaner Rabindranath: Nandanik Porigrahon, Orchestra, P.137-146
· (2018): Janmosatobasrhe Subhas Mukhopadhyay: Udasin Iswar ebong Podatik Padokshep, Masik Krittibas, P. 46-49
· (17th March, 2018): Adhunik Jiboner Kobita, Desh: 2nd Cover story : Goyenda Kothay? P. 24-28
· (2018): Kabita Jakhan Bijuktir Setubandhan (Two books of criticism on Poets and Poetry by Tarun Sanyal and Alokeranjan Dasgupta), Anushtup, P.35-40
· (June 2019) : Nazruler Iswar Bhabna, KABITIRTHA : Nazrul Sankhya, ISSN : 0974-7583, P. 323-328.
· (July-October 2018): Bandha Darjar Kathamala (Book Review: Short story book and thriller of Pracheta Gupta), Boier Desh, P.78-83
· (2019): Samajtantrirao to Asole Kobi (Storyteller Maxim Gorky), Natyachinta : Gorky 150 Special Issue, Vol.38, No.1-6, P. 91-100
· (12thMay, 2019): “Jyotirbalay’’ (Natyakar Jyotirindrnath Thakur), ROBBAR: Sangbad Pratidin, P. 28-31
· (July, 2019) : Subhaser Gorky, Subhasher Hikmat : Anubadbiksha, ATMABIKASH, ISSN 2278-6171, P. 53-65.
· (August, 2019): Kabitar Anubad: Pathaker Pratyasha, ASAMAPIKA, P.79-84.
· (October, 2019) : Janma-dwisatabarshe Whitman o Bangla Kabita, Sharadiya GANASHAKTI, P.73-77.
· (February, 2020) Jibanananda Das-er ‘Malyaban’ : Upanyaser Natyarup O Manchayan, JIBANANANDA (Bangladesh), P. 85-92.
· (April-June 2020) : Sudhu Bhangi Diye Jeno (Review of Two books), Boier Desh, P. 35-40
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)