I am a pupil of mathematics. My specialization is Operations Research. To be precise my core area of research is Inventory and Supply Chain Management. I am looking to find out mathematical solutions of various Inventory and Supply Chain problems which can be implemented in real life situations. I always open to work with new ideas.
B.Sc Mathematics (Jadavpur University, 2007)
M.Sc Mathematics (Jadavpur University, 2009)
Ph. D Operations Research (Jadavpur University, 2016)
DS Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellow (University of Burdwan)
I have completed my B.Sc in Mathematics, M.Sc. Mathematics (Specialization- Operations Research) from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. I have qualified CSIR-NET JRF on June 2010 and worked as a full-time research fellow to do my research in Operations Research under the guidance of Prof. Bibhas Chandra Giri (Department of Mathematics, Jadavpur University). After my Ph.D. I have worked at NIT Silchar on Ad-hoc basis for one semester. During that period I received DS Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellowship and leave my position at NIT Silchar to work under the supervision of Prof. Asoke Kumer Bhunia (Department of Mathematics, University of Burdwan).
Research / Administrative Experience+
My Ph.D. work is based on two and three echelon supply chain models considering various types of market demand. The main focus during the initial phase of my work was on the price dependency of market demand. In the later part of my research I incorporate the effect of effort level and quality of the product on the market demand. I also worked on an integrated inventory model with unequal sized shipments.
During my time as a Post-Doctoral Fellow I have worked on green supply chain models. I am currently working on multi-period supply chain models.
Teaching / Other Experience+
NIT Silchar, July-Dec, 2017:
Taught Math-I (Calculus, Differential Equations, Laplace Transform) and Math-III (Probability)
University of Burdwan, Jan-July, 2018:
Worked as DS Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellow
Post Graduate Supervision+
1. “Coordinating a three-echelon supply chain under price and quality dependent demand with sub-supply chain and RFM strategies”, published in Applied Mathematical Modelling, Volume 52, pages 747-769.
2. “Multi-manufacturer pricing and quality management strategies in the presence of brand differentiation and return policy”, published in Computers & Industrial Engineering, Volume 105, pages 146-157.
3. “Modelling supply chain inventory system with controllable lead time under price-dependent demand”, published in International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 84, Issue 9, pages 1861-1871, 2016.
4. “Dual channel competition: The impact of pricing strategies, sales effort and market share”, published in International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 203-212, 2016.
5. “A single-manufacturer multi-buyer supply chain inventory model with controllable lead time and price-sensitive demand”, published in Journal of Industrial and Production Engineering, Volume 32, Issue 8, pages 516-527, 2015.
6. “A vendor–buyer integrated production-inventory model with quantity discount and unequal sized shipments”, published in International Journal of Operational Research, Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 1-13, 2013.
7. “Supply chain coordination with price-sensitive demand under the risks of demand and supply disruptions”, published in Technology Operation Management, Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 29-38, 2011.