My research is primarily based on operator algebra which is usually classified as a branch
of functional analysis.
B.Sc in Mathematics (Calcutta University, 2008)
M.Sc in Mathematics (Calcutta University, 2010)
Ph.D in Mathematics (Indian Statistical Institute, 2017)
I did B.Sc and M.Sc from Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Belur. My Ph.D. degree
was awarded from Indian Statistical Institute under supervision of professor Debashish
Goswami. Thereafter, I joined at NISER, Bhuvaneswar as a postdoctoral fellow under
supervision of Dr. Sutanu Roy. I spent one and half years before joining at Presidency
Research / Administrative Experience+
Mainly my research is based on quantum groups in analytic framework. In particular,
quantum symmetry on non-commutative space (C*-algebra) is my interest. Now, I am
trying to explore quantum symmetries of graph C*-algebra and higher rank graphs.
Teaching / Other Experience+
I was teaching assistant of two courses (Algebra-1 and Real Analysis-1) at NISER dur-
ing 2017-18. Functional Analysis (for PG-II) and Algebra-1(for UG-I) were taken in odd
semester,2018 at Presidency University.
Post Graduate Supervision+
1. Arnab Mandal, Quantum isometry group of dual of finitely generated discrete groups-
II, Annales Mathematiques Blaise Pascal, 23 (2016), no.2, p-219-247.
2. Pavel Etingof, Debashish Goswami, Arnab Mandal, Chelsea Walton, Hopf coac-
tions on commutative algebras generated by a quadratically independent comodule,
Comm.Algebra, 45 (2017), no.8, 3410-3412.
3. Debashish Goswami, Arnab Mandal, Quantum isometry group of dual of nitely
generated discrete groups and quantum groups, Rev.Math.Phys, 29 (2017), no.3, 1750008,
4. Arnab Mandal, Example of a group whose quantum isometry group does not depend
on the generating set, arXiv: 1706.02177, published online in Glasgow Mathematical
5. Soumalya Joardar, Arnab Mandal, Quantum symmetry of Graph C- algebras as-
sociated with connected graphs, arXiv: 1711.04253, Infinite Dimensional Analysis,
Quantum Probability and Related Topics, 21 (2018), no.3, 1850019,18pp.
6. Jyotishman Bhowmick, Arnab Mandal, Sutanu Roy, Adam Skalski, Quantum sym-
metries of the twisted tensor products of C-algebras, arXiv 1803.11348, published
online in Comm.Math.Phys, doi-10.1007/s 00220-018-3279-5.
7. Debashish Goswami, Arnab Mandal, Quantum Isometry Group of Deformation: A
counterexample, to appear in Annales Mathematiques Blaise pascal.
- Dean of Students Corner
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)