I love to introduce myself as a teacher as it is my passion. I am trying to be a researcher with my past experience and present collaboration as I realized teaching and research are complementary to each other
B.Sc (Zoology HONS),1999
M.Sc (Zoology), 2001
Ph.D. (Molecular Biology of head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma), 2010
My Ph.D. Work was on Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata on molecular biology of head and neck cancer from 2003-2009.
Research / Administrative Experience+
During my predoctoral research, I have learnt several techniques like DNA/RNA isolation, Southern/Northern/Western blot, PCR/Real-Time PCR, Sanger DNA sequencing, Immunohistochemistry etc. and also gained some experience to handle research grants.
After my Ph.D. work, I have successfully completed a minor research project funded by UGC.
At present, I have two ongoing research grants funded by WBDST and WDBT (Collaborative Project).
Teaching / Other Experience+
Before joining to Presidency, I served as an Assistant professor in Zoology in Barasat Govt. College for four years. In December 2012, I joined Presidency University in the same post. My major teaching areas are basic animal science, animal physiology, developmental biology, advanced genetics and molecular biology.
Post Graduate Supervision+
At present research work in my lab is focused on
1. Prevalence and pathogenesis of Gestational diabetes mellitus
2. Epidemiology and epigenetics of prostate cancer
3. Molecular biology of arsenic induced urinary bladder cancer
4. Molecular biology of oral cancer under hyperglycemic condition
5. Identification of susceptible genetic variation for pathogenesis of atopic conditions including asthma.
Graduate and Post graduate students are also doing dessertation work under my supervision.
Life time member of Indian Association for Cancer Research (IACR)
1. Laha A, Ghosh A, Moitra S, Saha I, Kumar Saha G, Bhattacharya S, Podder S (2019). Association of the STAT6 rs3024974 (C/T) Polymorphism with IgE-Mediated Food Sensitization among West Bengal Population in India. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. doi: 10.1159/000504575. [Epub ahead of print]. IF:2.93
2. Adhikary J, Chakraborty S, Dalal S, Basu S, Dey A, Ghosh A* (2019) Circular PVT1: an oncogenic non-coding RNA with emerging clinical importance. J Clin Pathol. jclinpath-2019-205891. doi: 10.1136/jclinpath-2019-205891. [REVIEW, Epub ahead of print]. IF: 2.89.
3. Basu J, Datta C, Chowdhury S, Mandal D, Mondal NK, Ghosh A* (2018). Gestational Diabetes Mellitus in a Tertiary Care Hospital of Kolkata, India: Prevalence, Pathogenesis and Potential Disease Biomarkers. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes. DOI: 10.1055/a-0794-6057. IF: 1.6.
4. Ghosh A*, Dutta S, Podder S*, Mondal P, Laha A, Saha NC, Moitra S, Saha GK (2018). Sensitivity to House Dust Mites Allergens with Atopic Asthma and Its Relationship with CD14 C(-159T) Polymorphism in Patients of West Bengal, India. J Med Entomol. 10;55(1):14-19. doi: 10.1093/jme/tjx178. IF: 1.9.
5. SGK Dutta S, Mondal P, Saha NC, Moitra S , Podder S*, Ghosh A* (2017). Role of offending out-door aero-allergen and CD14 C(-159)T polymorphism in development and severity of asthma in a Kolkata patient population. African Health Sciences, 17 (Issue 4), 1101-1109. IF:0.8.
6. Maiti GP, Ghosh A, Mondal P, Baral A, Datta S, Samadder S, Nayak SP, Chakraborty J, Biswas J, Sikder N, Chowdhury S, Roy B, Roychowdhury S, Panda CK. The SNP rs1049430 in the 3'-UTR of SH3GL2 regulates its expression: Clinical and prognostic implications in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Biochim Biophys Acta. (2015) Feb 26. pii: S0925-4439(15)00060-5. doi: 10.1016/j.bbadis.2015.02.009. [Epub ahead of print]. IF: 5.10.
7. Maiti GP, Ghosh A, Mondal P, Ghosh S, Chakraborty J, Roy A, Roychowdhury S, Panda CK. (2015) Frequent inactivation of SLIT2 and ROBO1 signaling in head and neck lesions: clinical and prognostic implications. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. Feb;119(2):202-12. doi: 10.1016/j.oooo.2014.09.029. Epub 2014 Oct 2. IF: 1.71
8. Maity GP, Mondal P, Mukherjee N, Ghosh A, Chakraborty J., Roychoudhury S. and Panda C. K. (2013) Overexpression of EGFR in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma is associated with inactivation of SH3GL2 and CDC25A genes. PLoS ONE; https://doi.org/10.1371/journal. pone. 0063440. IF:2.73.
9. Ghosh A, Maiti GP, Bandopadhyay MN, Chakraborty J, Biswas J, Roychoudhury S, Panda CK (2013). Inactivation of 9q22.3 Tumor Suppressor Genes Predict Outcome for Patients with Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. Mar;33(3):1215-1220. IF: 1.86.
10. Ghosh A, Ghosh S, Maiti GP, Mukherjee S, Mukherjee N, Chakraborty J, Roychoudhury S, Panda CK (2012) Association of FANCC and PTCH1 with the development of early dysplastic lesions of the head and neck. Annals of surgical oncology 19 (3), 528-538. IF: 3.9
11. Maiti GP, Ghosh A, Chatterjee R, Roy A, Sharp TV, Roychoudhury S, Panda CK. Reduced expression of LIMD1 in ulcerative oral epithelium associated with tobacco and areca nut. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention 13 (9), 4341-4346.
12. Ghosh S, Ghosh A, Maiti GP, Alam N, Roy A, Roy B, Roychoudhury S, Panda CK. Alterations of 3p21. 31 tumor suppressor genes in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: Correlation with progression and prognosis. International journal of cancer 123 (11), 2594-2604. IF: 6.5
13. Basu R, Mandal S, Ghosh A, Poddar TK. Role of tobacco in the development of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in an eastern Indian population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9 (3), 381-86
86/1 College Street, Kolkata - 700073,
West Bengal, India
Email: amlan.zoology at presiuniv.ac.in
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)