I joined Presidency University as Assistant Professor of Mathematics in January' 2013. My research interests are in qualitative analysis of differential equations with its applications in many physical and biological systems.
Ph. D. Applied Mathematics (University of Calcutta, 2010)
M.Sc. Applied Mathematics (University of Calcutta, 2002)
B.Sc. with Mathematics Major (Berhampore K.N. College, 2000)
After completing my Masters I joined the Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta as CSIR-UGC junior research fellow to persue my doctoral work under the supervision of Prof. C.G. Chakrabarti (S.N. Bose Professor of Theoretical Physics, now retired). During my doctoral research I got my first appointment as lecturer at Scottish Church College, Kolkata. In 2007, I was appointed as lecturer at Haldia Government College under WBES. I was awarded the Ph. D. degree in 2010 and finally, I joined Presidency University in January, 2013.
Research / Administrative Experience+
Predator Prey Models, Stability & Bifurcation Theory of Vector Fields,
Center and Cyclicity Problems of Planar Polynomial Vector Fields. Normal form theory and study of delay differential equations.
Teaching / Other Experience+
I teach the following subjects at the UG and PG level in Mathematics:
Probability Theory and Statistics.
Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems.
Post Graduate Supervision+
Associated as a Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, Published By American Mathematical Society.
1. Saha, T. and Bandyopadhyay, M.(2008): "Dynamical Analysis of a Delayed Ratio-Dependent Prey Predator Model within Fluctuating Environment" , Applied Mathematics & Computations (196) 458-478.
2. Saha, T. and Bandyopadhyay, M.(2008): "Dynamical Analysis of Toxin Producing Phytoplankton-Zooplankton Interactions" , Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 10(1) 314-332.
3. Saha, T. and Bandyopadhyay, M.(2008): "Effect of Small Time Delay in a Predator-Prey Model within Random Environment" , Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems 16(3) 225-250.
4. Bandyopadhyay, M., Saha, T. and Pal, R. (2008): "Deterministic and Stochastic Analysis of a Delayed Allelopathic Phytoplankton Model within Fluctuating Environment" , Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems 2(3) 958-970.
5. Saha, T. and Bandyopadhyay, M.(2008): "Multiple Scale Analysis of a Delayed Predator-Prey Model within Random Environment" , J. Applied Mathematics & Informatics (26)1191-1205.
6. Saha, T. and Chakrabarti, C.G.(2009): "Dynamical Analysis of a Delayed Ratio-Dependent Holling-Tanner Predator-Prey Model" , J. Mathematical Analysis and Applications(358)389-402.
7. Saha, T. and Chakrabarti, C.G.(2011): "Stochastic Analysis of Prey Predator Model with Stage Structure for Prey." , J. Applied Mathematics & Computing 35(1-2) 195-209.
8. Pal, P.J., Saha, T., Sen, M. & Banerjee, M. (2012): "A Delayed Predator-Prey Model with Strong Allee Effect in Prey Population Growth" , Nonlinear Dynamics (68)23-42.
9. Pal, P.J., Haque, M., Saha, T. & Ryu, K.(2013): "A Predatory Commensalism Model in a Deterministic and Stochastic Environment" , Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems 20(1) 1-32.
10. Pal, P.J., Saha, T. (2015): "Qualitative analysis of a predator prey system with
double Allee effect in Prey" , Chaos, Solitons & Fractals (73) 36-63.
86/1 College Street, Kolkata - 700073,
West Bengal, India
Email: tapan.maths at presiuniv.ac.in
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)