My area of research is Hyperspace Topology and Generalized Topology. Nowadays I am working on Selection Principles in Hyperspace Topology.
B. Sc. in Mathematics (University of Calcutta, 2002)
M. Sc. in Pure Mathematics (University of Calcutta, 2004, stood first class first)
Ph. D. in Pure Mathematics (University of Calcutta, 2010)
After my M. Sc. I joined Bethune College as a full-time lecturer under Tarak-Sudha Fellowship in 2004. Then I joined CSIR as a research fellow on 01.03.2006. In September 2008, I joined Seth Anandram Jaipuria College as an Assistant Professor. Then on 09.11.2016 I joined Presidency University.
Research / Administrative Experience+
I have done my Ph. D. on topology. My area of research is Function Space Topology, Hyperspace Topology and Generalized Topology.
Teaching / Other Experience+
I am interested to teach Topology, Functional Analysis, Advanced Functional Analysis, Measure Theory, Real Analysis and Abstract Harmonic Analysis.
Post Graduate Supervision+
Working as a Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews, AMS.
1. M. N. Mukherjee, B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2007) : On extensions of topological spaces in terms of ideals, Topology and Appl., 154(18) , 3167–3172.
2. S. Ganguly, S. Jana and Ritu Sen (2009) : A new hyperspace topology and the study of the function space θ*-LC(X,Y), Mat. Vesnik, 61(3) , 181–193.
3. B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2012) : A unified theory for certain weak forms of open sets and their variant forms, Kyungpook Math. Jour., 52, 405-412.
4. B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2012) : On unification of some weak separation properties, Ann. Math. Inform., 40, 93-103.
5. B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2012) : On maximal μ-open and minimal μ-closed sets via generalized topology, Acta Math. Hungar., 136 , 233-239.
6. B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2013) : Applications of maximal μ-open sets in generalized topology and quasi topology, Discussiones Math. General Algebra and Applications, 33, 129-135.
7. B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2014) : On unification of rarely continuous functions, Facta Universitis Ser. Math. Inform., 29(3), 261-270.
8. Ritu Sen (2014), On first countability of a new hyperspace topology, An. Univ. Vest Timis. Ser. Mat. Inform., 52 , no. 2, 225–230.
9. B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2015) : On a type of decomposition of continuity, Afrika Math., 26, 153-158.
10.B. Roy and Ritu Sen (2018) : Generalized semi-open and pre-semiopen sets via ideals, Trans. A. Razmadze Math. Inst., 172 (2018), no. 1, 95–100.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)