RESEARCH INTEREST: Mathematical aspects of Quantum Computation & Information, Quantum Cryptography, Quantum protocols, Properties of Multipartite Hilbert Spaces, Generalized nonlocal correlations, Quantum error correcting code, Classical code and cryptography.
- PhD (University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway)
- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics (University of Calcutta, Kolkata)
- B.Sc. (University of Calcutta, Kolkata)
Area of PhD work: Quantum Information & Computation
Research / Administrative Experience+
- October, 2018 - Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Presidency University, Kolkata 700 0073, West Bengal, India.
- October, 2013 - September, 2018: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- August, 2012 – October, 2013: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, The National Quantum Information Centre (KICK) & Institute of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics, University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland.
- March, 2012 – July, 2012: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc.), Chennai, India.
- February, 2012 – March, 2012: Visiting Research Fellow/Associate, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc.), Chennai, India.
- February, 2009 – February, 2012: Research Fellow (PhD), Department of Informatics, University of Bergen, 5020 Bergen, Norway
Teaching / Other Experience+
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (COURSES TAUGHT so far)
Post Graduate (PG):
- Measure & Integration
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Information & Computation.
D.Phil.(Coursework): Research methodology (Communication skills & seminars)
Under Graduate (UG):
- Real Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations & Vector Calculus
- Analytical Coordinate Geometry
- Advanced Real Analysis
Post Graduate Supervision+
So far I have supevised 29 students for their Master (M.Sc.) Dissertation.
Publication url links:
- SCOPUS: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=22980697900
- AMS MathSciNet: http://www.ams.org/mathscinet/search/author.html?mrauthid=839769
- ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2688-2075
- ISI Researcher: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/S-3994-2016
- Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ramij_Rahaman/publications
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=bX19S74AAAAJ&hl=en
- ArXiv: https://arxiv.org/find/quant-ph/1/au:+Rahaman_R/0/1/0/all/0/1
Journals Publictions (Top ten)
- T. Singal, R. Rahaman, S. Ghosh, and G. Kar (2017) Necessary condition for local distinguishability of maximally entangled states: Beyond orthogonality preservation Physical Review A, 96, 042314.
- R. Rahaman, M. G. Parker, P. Mironowicz & M. Pawlowski (2015) Device-independent quantum key distribution based on measurement inputs Physical Review A, 92, 062304.
- R. Rahaman, M. Wiesniak & M. Zukowski (2015) Quantum Byzantine agreement via Hardy correlations and entanglement swapping Physical Review A, 92, 042302.
- R. Rahaman & M. G. Parker (2015) Quantum secret sharing based on local distinguishability Physical Review A, 91, 022330.
- R. Rahaman, M. Wiesniak & M. Zukowski (2014)True Multipartite Entanglement Hardy Test Physical Review A, 90, 062338.
- R. Rahaman (2011) Local cloning of CAT states Physics Letters A, 375, 2291-2295.
- S. K. Choudhary, S. Ghosh, G. Kar & R. Rahaman (2010) Analytical proof of Gisin’s theorem for three qubits Physical Review A, 81, 042107.
- A. Ahanj, S. Kunkri, A. Rai, R. Rahaman & P.S. Joag (2010) Bound on Hardy’s non-locality from the principle of Information Causality Physical Review A, 81, 032103.
- S. K. Choudhary, G. Kar, S. Kunkri, R. Rahaman & A. Roy (2007) Local cloning of genuine entangled states of three qubit Physical Review A, 76 062312.
- S. K. Choudhary, S. Kunkri, R. Rahaman & A. Roy (2007) Local Cloning of Entangled qubits Physical Review A, 76, 052305.
BooK: R. Rahaman (2012) Study of nonlocal correlations & entanglement in the context of quantum information processing University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
ISBN:- 978-82-308-1941-8 (PhD thesis)
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)