ADVERTISEMENT FOR WALK-IN-INTERVIEW FOR THE POST OF FIELD WORKER IN THE DST SERB PROJECT Date: 02.07.2021
PROJECT TITLE: "Effect of Bridge construction on the Himalayan foothill Rivers: Hydro-morphology and Hazards, Darjeeling-Jalpaiguri District, West Bengal”.
Post Name: Field Worker
Number of Post: 1
Start Date for Apply
Monday, July 05, 2021
End Date for Apply
Monday, July 19, 2021(5.00pm)
I ntend to hold a Walk-in-interview in the Department of Geography, Presidency University, Kolkata to select a candidate for one post of Field Worker on 23rd July 2021, 11:00 am (IST) onwards in online mode.
Interested eligible candidates may apply for the interview as per above-mentioned schedule with all their original certificates / mark sheets of Graduation and Post graduation in Geography, Certification of NET, UGC - CSIR qualified along with a covering letter and updated CV.
Details of the Project :
Project Title: "Effect of Bridge construction on the Himalayan foothill Rivers: Hydro-morphology and Hazards, Darjeeling-Jalpaiguri District, West Bengal”.
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Mery Biswas.
- Minimum qualification : M.A or M.Sc. in Geography from any UGC recognised University/Board with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade. Qualification of any national level eligibility examination such as CSIR-UGC NET.
- Desirable: Applicants having experience on sediment and rock sampling from field, river survey techniques and flood modelling.
- Project Duration: For 3 years subjected to the availability of grant from the funding agency. Annual review for further extension will be subjected to the availability of grant based on the project progress and accomplishments.
- Job description: As per instruction of the PI during the project period [pre-field work, sample collection in field, sample preparation, experiments and layout using GIS techniques, modelling].
· Stipend and allowances: As per availability of grant from the funding agency. (following DST-SERB norms)
For three years
Monthly salary- Rs. 18000/-
Total=(Salary + HRA)
Monthly HRA- Rs. 4320/-
(*) Interested candidates should email [ within Monday, July 19, 2021(5.00pm)] their scanned copies [within Monday, July 19, 2021(5.00pm)] in PDF format of original certificates / mark sheets of Graduation and Post Graduation in Geography, Certificate of NET(UGC/CSIR) qualified along with a covering letter and updated CV to Dr. Mery Biswas, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Presidency University, Kolkata. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
(*) Date of Interview: 23rd July 2021 at 11:00 am (IST) onwards in online mode.
(*) The shortlisted applicants will be notified by email, latest by 22nd July 2021.
(*) Place of Interview: Online mode through Google Meet (Link will be shared with the short listed candidates within 22nd July 21).
(*) Note: Selected candidate should provide all mentioned his/her original certificates and mark sheets in support of educational qualifications at the time of joining for verification.
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
No TA/DA would be provided for attending the interview.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)