An Online Interview will be held on 8th November, 2021; from 1:00 P.M onwards for the selection of the post mentioned below at Department of Life Sciences, Presidency University, Kolkata Date: 27/10/2021
Applications are invited for a JRF position under DST-SERB project (Principal Investigator: Dr. Sumit Mandal, Project Title: ‘Synergistic effect of climate change mediated ocean acidification and warming on physiological responses in some economically important shellfishes of West Bengal" funded by DST-SERB, Government of India.
Date of interview: 08.11.2020 at 1 p.m.
Place of interview: Online mode
Post: One JRF
Project Duration: ~ 12 month (i.e till 26.11.2022)
Fellowship: 31000/- per month + HRA (as per university norms & DST-SERB guidelines) for JRF position.
First class M.Sc. Degree or equivalent in Life Sciences/ Biological Sciences/ Zoology/ Marine Sciences/Marine Biology/Biotechnology from recognized university and student must have a minimum qualification of CSIR/UGC NET-LS. Without at least NET (LS), students will not be shortlisted. Preference will be given to the candidate with at least 1-2 years research experience in handling aquatic animals’ related work and proven track record of publication in peer reviewed journal.
How to apply:
Interested and eligible candidates should send complete curriculum vitae including e-mail ID, mobile number, date of birth, and details of qualifications i.e. examination passed, year, division, percentage of marks from Secondary onwards, research experience, publications, etc. with a latest passport size photograph along with scanned copies of relevant documents (by preparing a one pdf file) to Dr. Sumit Mandal (Principal Investigator, Assistant Professor) by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 5:00 PM, 04th November, 2021. The online link (google meet) for the interview will be sent to the shortlisted candidates one day prior to the scheduled interview date.
Terms and conditions:
1. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
2. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
3. Candidates will not be entertained after said online interview slot, except in case of any exigency the decision of the selection committee will be final and binding on the candidates.
4. Decision of the selection committee is final.
5. Applicants who had applied for the same positions in response to previous advertisements https://www.presiuniv.ac.in/web/walkinlssumtmn240220201.php have to reapply fresh.
6. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
Dr. Sumit Mandal
Assistant Professor, Department of Life Sciences
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Student Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC)
- Internal Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)