Advertisement for a Project Fellow/ Associate Position of UGC-DAE CSR (Kolkata) funded project. dated 01/02/2021
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible Indian citizens for a position of Project Fellow or Associate in a UGC-DAE CSR (Kolkata) sponsored research project entitled " Second order phase transition in atomic nuclei: E(5) symmetry breaking in 84Sr " under the supervision of Dr. Subhendu Rajbanshi, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Presidency University, Kolkata . An online interview will be held for the selection of the project fellow/associate on 10th February 2021 at 11 A.M.
Details of designations, requirements and fellowship rates are given below:
Rs 14,000/pm + HRA
2nd Class M.Sc with a minimum of 55% marks in Physics
Rs 31,000/- pm + HRA
2nd Class M.Sc in Physics with a minimum of 55.00% marks in the subject concerned + GATE / NET-JRF / Lectureship (UGC-CSIR joint test ) / SLET
Following qualifications are desirable but not mandatory:
a) Highly motivated toward the Nuclear Physics and must have previous research experience in experimental Nuclear Physics especially; on Gamma Ray Spectroscopy. Good programming skills with experience in data analysis and/or simulations are essential.
b) Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Tenure of project: The position is for a fixed-term period of one year (Max. period left of the project is almost one and half year, up to 31st may 2022).
Interested and eligible candidates should send complete curriculum vitae including e-mail ID, mobile number, date of birth, and details of qualifications i.e. examination passed, year, division, percentage of marks from Secondary onwards, research experience, publications, etc. with a latest passport size photograph along with scanned copies of relevant documents to Dr. Subhendu Rajbanshi (Principal Investigator, Assistant Professor) by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before5 pm of 7th February, 2021. The online link (Google meet) for the interview will be sent to the shortlisted candidates one day before the scheduled interview date.
1. All the terms & conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of UGC, Govt. of India and Presidency University Kolkata. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only. Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim any regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
2. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
3. Candidates will not be entertained after said online interview slot, except in case of any exigency the decision of the selection committee will be final and binding on the candidates.
4. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
For further details please contact the PI via email.
- Dean of Students Corner
- Career Counselling
- International Students
- PhD Students
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Committee for the Students with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
- Gender Sensitization and Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell(GSPSHC)